Breaking

Sunday, July 22, 2018

BBC SPORTS 24

Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart says his next move needs to be "permanent" rather than another loan.

The 31-year-old has made only one appearance for City since Pep Guardiola became manager in 2016, and had loan spells at Torino and West Ham.

He was not in Gareth Southgate's England squad for the 2018 World Cup.

"I did what I did in the previous two seasons because I needed to play to be involved in the World Cup," said Hart. "And look where that got me."

'Nobody can doubt Joe's quality' - Guardiola
Hart, who has one year left on his contract, added: "I'm experienced, I've played at the highest level for a long time, and done a lot of things in the game.

"I need to be an important player at that club and I think that can only happen with a permanent move."

Guardiola has said City will try to "find a solution" for Hart, and is prepared for him to "stay here" if no acceptable offer materialises.

"I need to do what's right for me and my family and that's the decision I'll be making," said Hart. "It's a tough one, but it's a situation which will be resolved."

No comments:

Post a Comment